2438. Eleven years after the First Ceti War. The United Interstellar Federation and a secluded alien race from Tau Ceti are locked in a tense stalemate. Fourteen of the best pilots in the Federation have been recruited to single-handedly win the inevitable second war.
Super Galaxy Squadron EX is an expansion/remaster/one-step-from-a-sequel to 2015's Super Galaxy Squadron, and takes the original game's frantic action and modern accessibility to vastly greater heights. New and returning features include:
- Fourteen ships with unique stats and weapons to suit a variety of playstyles
- Six stages of classic shmup action (and savage bosses) in Arcade Mode
- An infinite onslaught to satisfy your scoring itch in Endless Mode
- A range of difficulty options, from calm and newbie-friendly to basically impossible
- Fully voiced cutscenes for the two people looking for a good story
- New mechanics like Overdrive that help you kill things and get points even better
- A (nearly) complete graphical overhaul
- Still a whole lot of explosions (like you were ever worried)
Feeling nostalgic, or just want to see what's changed? Super Galaxy Squadron EX
includes the original Super Galaxy Squadron
, so load up your smaller, slightly less pretty ship for a trip down (one year old) memory lane. Or don't. It's up to you.